A few quick thoughts from watching about an hour total of the X Games tonight. Didn’t catch any of them last night, but I have a feeling I didn’t miss much.
• A 15 year old won silver in ski Superpipe. 15. Jesus.
• Massive methods still rule. Good to see Ross Powers medal.
• ZOMG Shaun White didn’t qualify for the slopestyle finals! The world is ending! Or at least ESPN would have you believing that, after showing that little fact on the bottom line every two minutes. Ciao, ratings.
• Shaun White also apparently didn’t win gold in Superpipe at the 2010 Winter Olympics. According to this graphic shown during Big Air, that honor went to Scotty Lago. Fun fact, Soctty Lago and I were born on the same day.
• After pulling off a triple cork to land the ender in The Storming, Torstein stomped a triple cork in competition. Tuned out before that, but I bet the first one was cooler.
(Side note: The vuvuzela in The Storming going off while he does this makes it that much better.)
Got the MLF mounted up with my old Burton Customs, and I’ll be up at Mountain Creek on Sunday. Maybe my first foray into the park this year? Possibly. Should be fun though, and I’m looking forward to riding the MLF and giving Creek another shot after it’s unimpressive debut in my life.